1. Scope of Policy
2. Updates to Policy
3. Information Collected About You
In order to give you the best experience on our Websites, we may collect personal and non-personal information about you. Non-personal information includes anonymous information such as demographic data. Under all circumstances, we will only collect the information deemed reasonably necessary to fulfill your online requests and our legitimate business objectives. Please read below for a description of each type of information collected.
- Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We do not collect any Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide it to us. If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may be unable to use certain features on our Websites.
- Demographic information is anonymous information such as your age, date of birth, gender, hobbies, interests, or country. If demographic information is collected for an activity that also requires Personal Information, we may combine the demographic information with your Personal Information. Combining data allows us to customize the notices we send you and the content we provide you according to your interests and preferences. Demographic information is not considered Personal Information unless it is linked to Personal Information about a specific user. If you choose not to provide certain demographic information, you may not be able to use certain features on our Websites.
- Aggregate information is anonymous data about individuals that is grouped together to study a group or category of services or users. Aggregate information is not considered Personal Information unless it is linked to Personal Information about a specific user.
4. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We request Personal and demographic information to respond to your requests and provide services to you such as: registering for and participating in our Websites; sending email newsletters; sending e-cards and wish lists; processing orders through our online store; and sending email correspondence. Each category below describes how we handle the requested information.
- “CyWee” Registration
- Individuals at least 18 years of age may register for a CyWee account. Certain Personal Information will be requested during registration.
- To subscribe to our newsletters, you must register for a CyWee account, as described above.
- Demographic and Opinion Information
- CyWee surveys may request demographic or opinion information, such as your favorite games. Responses will be linked to your CyWee account and may be used to provide a more personalized online experience and, if your email and message settings allow, send you product newsletters and other communications we think you will enjoy.
- E-cards and Wish Lists
- Web users who wish to send an e-card or their wish list to a friend or family member are required to give us their first name and the email address(es) of the person(s) to whom they wish to send the e-card or wish list.
- Online Store
- If you purchase goods or services through our online store or elsewhere on our Websites, you may need to provide a valid credit card number, expiration date and credit card security code, in addition to your name, mailing and billing addresses, phone number and email address. Please note that you must be over the age of 18 to place orders online. All financial information is transmitted through the use of encryption, i.e. a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol via our secure server.
- Email Correspondence and Other Communication
- We may respond to your email correspondence and communications if such correspondence includes a return email address. Because an email address is Personal Information, we protect the privacy of the sender by limiting access to these email messages. Only employees with a legitimate business need to access the emails are allowed to do so. For quality control purposes, email messages may be kept for a period of time. There may, however, be certain cases where hard copies may be kept on file, such as emails concerning product safety or consumer complaints. Information from email messages will not be used for marketing purposes and will be maintained in a secure location.
- Online Interaction
- Some of our Websites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or newsgroups (“Public Forums”) available to users. Please remember that any information disclosed in Public Forums becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding whether to disclose your Personal Information in these Public Forums. We do not actively monitor these comments and the information on the Public Forums is for entertainment purposes only. If we are alerted to something we deem inappropriate in any way, we may delete it at our discretion. We use email validation on most of our Public Forum in order to reduce “comment spam.” These email addresses will not be shared with any third party.
- Email Addresses
- You may choose to add your email address to our contact list via the forms on our websites. We agree that we will never share your email with any third party. We don’t currently send advertising via email, but in the future our email may contain advertisements and we may send dedicated email messages from our advertisers without revealing your email addresses to them. If you have any problem removing your email address please contact us.
5. Traffic Reports
Our industry-standard traffic reporting records IP addresses, Internet service provider information, referrer strings, browser types and the date and time pages are loaded. We use this information in the aggregate only to provide traffic statistics to advertisers and to figure out which features and editorials are most popular.
6. Legal proceedings
We will make every effort to preserve user privacy but CyWee may need to disclose information when required by law.
7. Business Transitions
If CyWee is acquired by or merges with another firm, the assets of our websites, including personal information, will likely be transferred to the new firm.
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties. We may share Personal Information with vendors who help us perform various internal functions necessary to operate our business. We may disclose Personal Information (a) in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law; (b) if doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to any claims; (d) to enforce the terms and conditions of our Websites; or (e) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CyWee, our customers, or the public. We also may disclose your email address to our partners solely to send you email messages you have requested, or to ensure that you do not receive such messages if you have opted out of receiving them. Any vendors or partners with whom we may share Personal Information are permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the services requested. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of company assets, or acquisition, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable laws.
10. Cookies and IP
Please note that cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. We maintain log files, which contain Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. We do not link IP addresses to Personal Information, unless we notify you or unless necessary to enforce our Websites’ terms and conditions. In general, we use log files to monitor traffic on our Websites and to troubleshoot technical problems. In the event of abuse, however, we may block certain IP addresses.
We use a common Internet technology called “Web beacons” (also called “Web bugs,” “action tags,” “pixel trackers,” or “clear GIFs”) on some of our Websites. Web beacons are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an email message that are designed to allow us or our vendors to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our Websites. Web beacons are invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page, document or email message. We do not use Web beacons to collect Personal Information about you. We may use Web beacons to collect non-personal information such as the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web user comes from, and the time the Web beacon is activated (such as when you view the Web page, advertisement, or email that contains the Web beacon). In general, we do not link such non-personal information to Personal Information; however, we may use Web beacons to over view emails from CyWee. This allows us to more effectively manage our database of active registered members. We may also use Web beacons to display emails in the appropriate HTML or text format. From time to time, we may permit vendors to place Web beacons on our Websites or in emails sent on our behalf. Web beacons used by our vendors collect the same types of information and are treated in the same manner as specified above.
11. Network And Information Security
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. That’s why we have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and improper use. Personal Information is stored in firewall-protected servers. We will notify users of a data breach involving unencrypted Personal Information by email or by posting a notice on the affected Website. We also strive to limit access to Personal Information to employees performing a legitimate business function. We review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Despite our efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
If you forget your CyWee password, we will authenticate your identity by sending an email to the address in your account profile.
12. Opting Out
If you do not want us to send you email, regular mail, or other messages about our products and services, you can opt-out at the time you register for CyWee or other information collection. If you have opted-in and, at a later date, wish to have your name removed from our email or regular mail databases, you can log on to CyWee and update your preferences in ” My Account.” If you were a CyWee member and would like to manage your email preferences, you can either join CyWee and manage your preferences in “My account,” or click on the “opt-out” link in any promotional email from us, which will take you to a page where you can manage your CyWee email preferences.
If you would like to be removed from our mailing lists at any time, please send an email to email@example.com. Put the word “REMOVE” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include your name and address and the database(s) from which you would like your information to be removed. Please note that in some instances, despite your opt-out selections, we may send you email communications regarding transactions or services you have specifically requested or to inform you of important changes to our Website, products or policies.
13. Checking Account Information For Accuracy
As a registered account holder of the Websites, you may access your Personal Information by logging in on CyWee.com. Once there, you may view and change your Personal Information at “My Account – Account Details” Please be aware that you will need to provide the updated information to our Online Administrators; to protect your privacy, we will not disclose information that we have on file. If you would like to delete your Personal Information, please contact us and we will delete it unless we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to retain the information.
14. Third Party Web Sites
15. Information Storage
Personal information collected on any of our Websites may be stored and processed in Taiwan or any other country in which we or our affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using any of our Websites you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
16. International Users
17. Contact Us For Privacy Questions, Comments Or Concerns